Acupuncture & Chinese herbal medicine
Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine assist in the prevention of disease, treating the symptoms and the cause, offering a holistic approach linking body, mind and spirit, effectively treating common ailments, and providing drug-free pain relief. It involves the insertion of fine needles into the body, this stimulates points, and may help with alleviating pain by reducing inflammation and helps treat signs and symptoms that come with health issues.
Acupuncture is used for:
- Musculoskeletal issues
- Chronic or acute pain
- Sports injuries
- Irregular or painful periods
- Fertility & IVF support
- IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Digestive complaints
- Stress and anxiety
- Headache and migraine
- Sleep issues
- General wellbeing
Chinese Herbal Medicine
Chinese herbs have been use for thousands of years to help boost the immune system, enhance the digestive system and balance the body and keep the oxygen and blood moving. We use herbal medicine for pain, sports injury, detoxification and tonification of the body. All herbs are available in clinic with a treatment.
Cupping, Gua sha and Moxibustion
These are other techniques used in clinic with acupuncture or on their own.
Cupping is an ancient form of alternative medicine that creates a suction designed to bring blood to the acupuncture point, using small glass cups. After the cups are have been applied they can gently be moved over the skin. The suction causes the skin and superficial muscle layer to be drawn slightly into the cup. Cups are generally left in place for 10 minutes. Cupping can help with loosening muscles, encourages blood flow, and may help sedate the nervous system.
Cupping may help with:
- high blood pressure
- respiratory conditions
- back and neck pain
- stiff muscles
- removal of cellulite
- weight loss
Gua sha is a traditional Chinese medical treatment in which the skin is scraped to produce light bruising. Gua sha releases unhealthy elements from injured areas and stimulates blood flow and healing. The scraping of the skin produces red marks, that help with pain, chronic ailments.
Uses of Gua sha:
- neck, shoulder, back and knee pain
- fever, flu
- asthma, bronchitis
- any musculoskeletal conditions
Moxibustion – Moxa
Moxibustion is the burning of herbs (mugwort) held over or applied to an acupuncture point to aid with healing.
May help with:
- injury, joint pain, arthritis
- pain with menstruation
- pregnancy issues
- blood flow to pelvic area and uterus
- sluggish digestion
- stress, low mood and fatigue
The Role of Acupuncture for Fertility, Pregnancy, Labour and Birth
Acupuncture has been used for years as an adjunct to western medicine with assisting in falling pregnant, whether it be naturally or with IVF. It may help with balancing hormones, fear, anxiety and the pressure felt with wanting to become a parent.
Acupuncture is used for the first 12 weeks with treatment on a weekly to help with:
- pregnancy issues
- nausea, vomiting
- fatigue, insomnia
- anxiety, stress
- reflux, heartburn
- symphis pubis pain
- sacro iliac pain
- restless legs
- headache, migraine
- carpal tunnel
From 36 weeks
Acupuncture may help with getting your body in balance, preparing you physically and emotionally for becoming a mother. Week 36-37 one treatment per week,38, two treatments and 39 three treatments are recommended.
Preparing Your Body for Natural Labour
Two treatments per week are recommended to get you prepared for birth, this may help with alleviating stress, boosting energy and relieving insomnia.
Breech and Posterior Babies
If your baby is not in an ideal position we may help with Acupuncture and moxibustion. Combining moxa, exercise and postural positions we help you prepare for birth.
Shonishin Non- Invasive Acupuncture
Shonishin is a Non-Invasive form of Acupuncture developed specifically to respond to the needs of children. Instead of needles gentle stimulation all over the body is performed with different stroking techniques. In addition to the stroking techniques, different tapping techniques are used in certain areas and vibration techniques on acupuncture points. The treatment is simple and effective, and the successes speak for itself. Children love this treatment as it has a pleasant feel to them. Parents are very accepting of the treatment as it is gentle and non-invasive.
Shonishin can be used for:
- sleep problems
- digestive issues
- respiratory issues
- concentration issues
- feeding and eating problems
- ear, nose and throat problems
You are welcome to contact us for a free 15 minute pre-treatment consultation to discuss how acupuncture can be beneficial to you. Call 1800 089 770Book online
Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Women’s health physiotherapy covers all areas relating to pregnancy and gynaecology. During pregnancy women can suffer from musculoskeletal issues causing back and pelvic pain or leg pain which mimics sciatica. Problems with bladder, bowel and pelvic floor dysfunction, causing incontinence, pain, pelvic organ prolapse or sexual dysfunction. Specialist management with physiotherapy can improve symptoms which left untreated will likely result in more significant dysfunction.
- Advice and treatment is given for back, neck, rib and pelvic pain (symphysis pubis/SPD or sacroiliac). Nerve problems causing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (pain, pins and needles or numbness in the hands).
- Physical preparation used in labour ( positions for labour, breathing techniques).
- Pelvic Floor exercises and training, for prevention and treatment of incontinence.
- Postnatal Body Check- Full back, pelvis and posture assessment. Abdominal muscle and separation assessment. Pelvic floor muscle assessment and re-education. Advice on post-natal exercises.
- Treatment for back, neck and pelvic pain and advice with breast-feeding, mastitis, how to carry your baby correctly and ways to improve your posture.
- Pelvic-Floor assessment and care, exercises and education for incontinence, prolapse, pelvic pain or following perineal trauma during delivery.
- Individual exercise programmes for getting back on board with fitness.
Providing treatment for incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain:
- Pelvic Floor issues with OVERACTIVE or painful pelvic floor muscles.
- Safe rehabilitation following pelvic floor surgery or hysterectomy.
- Bladder training for overactive bladder syndrome.
Pregnancy & Postnatal Massage
Pregnancy and postnatal massage are part and parcel of your emotional and physical wellbeing routine. A gentle massage technique specifically adapted for pregnant women.
The benefits of prenatal massage;
- Improves lymphatic circulation and blood flow
- Reduces swelling in arms and legs
- Induces relaxation, reduces stress and anxiety
- Relieves aches and pains in muscles, and stress on weight-bearing joints
- Relieves tension headaches and migraines
- Enhances pliability of skin and underlying tissues
- Allows for good sleep, relaxation, emotional and physical support
The benefits of postnatal massage;
- Helps in restoring your body
- Addresses the stress of carrying and caring for a newborn
- Help speed recovery by relieving sore muscles
Osteopathy focuses on the treatment of the physical body, the joints, muscles and connective tissue with gentle hands on manipulation. The safe, gentle and effective nature of the treatment means that its benefits can be felt by all ages, from newborn babies through to the aged, therefore helping all members of your family to achieve optimum health.
- Trapped nerves, sciatica, disc problems
- Relieve back and neck aches
- Relieve migraines and headaches
- Used for sports injuries
- Disc problems, sciatica
- Repetitive-strain injuries
- Sinus and digestive problems
Pregnancy & Postnatal Care
Osteopathy is a natural & safe way to relax into pregnancy, allowing for the gradual change of both mother and baby as they grow. Techniques are gentle and each treatment is individual.
Osteopathy is used for;
- Pain reduction
- Preparing for labour
- Postural changes
- Maximising pelvic ability, benefitting labour
- Aiding in the recovery from birth
- Eases sore & tired muscles
- Rebalances the pelvis
- Relieve back pain from breast feeding, lifting baby
- Optimizes milk flow, reduces chance of mastitis
- Lymphatic drainage helping reduce swelling, improving circulation
Osteopathy is used for a range of problems that present with babies and children. It allows for the body to relax, creating a calmer and less restless child, making for a better nights sleep. Giving your child the best chances of growing into a healthy child and young adult.
- Crying and irritability issues
- Helping with colic, wind or reflux
- Feeding difficulties, preference for one side of the breast, suckling problems
- Projectile vomiting
- Skull moulding from forceps or ventouse deliveries
- Flat head
- Club foot (talipes)
- Ear infections, hearing problems
- Sinus and dental problems
- Migraines and headaches
- Behavioural & learning difficulties
- Posture, scoliosis
For more information, please refer to the “what to expect in osteopathic treatment” document in the article link on this website.
Hypnosis is a naturally occurring state of consciousness characterised by increased mental awareness, concentration and general relaxation. We experience the state of hypnosis regularly in our day to day lives: while reading a book, watching a movie, driving down the highway or listening to music.
Hypnotherapy is an effective, safe, gentle and drug-free form of therapy which can be used to treat a variety of psychological and physiological conditions. Hypnotherapy, when practiced by a professionally qualified hypnotherapist is an ideal way to bring about positive, lasting changes in behaviour, mindset, performance and health.
While we can make a conscious decision to change our behaviour, our thinking, our performance or our state of health, lasting change is effectively made at the subconscious level. In a relaxed, comfortable state of hypnosis, with the assistance of a qualified hypnotherapist you are able to access and communicate with the subconscious part of your mind to work through issues, and make the changes necessary to live a more satisfying and rewarding life.Book online
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
NLP is basically the study of subjective experience and is a powerful way of creating change in habitual patterns of thought and, therefore, behaviour. NLP helps you understand yourself and your strengths on a different level to be able to overcome your limitations. NLP helps you take control of your communication skills and decision making to achieve your optimal goals in life. The term, Neurolinguistic programming, comes from:
- Neuro – what is happening in our minds (consciously and unconsciously)
- Linguistics – our use of language as descriptions of our thoughts, feelings and sensory perceptions, our self-talk and the way we communicate with others
- Programming – learned patterns of though and behaviour
How and what you think determines your behaviour and your behaviour determines your results in life. If you change how you think and what you think about, you can change your results. NLP helps you to modify your thoughts and behavioural patterns to help you achieve your goals. Using NLP, you can develop better styles of thinking – for faster, easier learning, better relationships and greater success.Book online
Our Calmbirth Classes are an inspirational childbirth education program designed to guide expectant parents on how to use techniques such as deep relaxation, focused breathing and other inner resources they naturally possess to create their birth expereince.
Suitable for those birthing for the first time or subsequent births. Calmbirth philosophy is based on the belief that pregnancy, labour and birth are normal events that can be experienced calmly and joyfully. It recognises the importance of the need for parents to prepare mentally and emotionally for birth, to assist a mother’s body to birth her baby.
The techniques learned throughout the class become life skills which can be used in childbirth and beyond.
It is the only childbirth education program that requires it’s educators to be midwives or trained birth professionals. Unlike other childbirth programs, Calmbirth prides itself on it’s professionalism and quality of Calmbirth educators through their ongoing requirement for professional development. It is also accredited by the Australian College of Midwives.
- The physiology of birth and how a women’s body is designed to function in labour.
- How to eliminate the fear, anxiety and tension that can inhibit labour and birth
- Simple, effective breathing techniques to relax and work with your body in labour
- The important role played by the birthing partner
- Enlightening insight into bonding and the developing parent/baby relationship
Classes are held in groups or as private classes. For more information call clinic 1800 089 770.
Bookings can be made online.
Melinda Webb is a Dr. Chinese medicine, Calmbirth Educator and Doula. Melinda has been working in the field of birth for over eight years. She works with women on their journey through conception, pregnancy, labour and birth. She also provides postnatal care for women doing home visits after birth.
The term “doula” has its origins in Ancient Greece, and refers to a woman that is trained and has experience in assisting a woman through labour. Professional labour and birth support, brings an amazing energy and insight into your birth experience.
Melinda brings her passion and understanding of the birth process and the a total belief in the power and ability of the labouring woman. She does not take over from the partner if present, she is their to compliment, encourage and support them to be present to the labouring woman and her needs.
Having Melinda present offers continuous support at the birth of your child ensuring:
- you have a skilled set of hands ‘holding the space’ for you at home and / or in hospital
- you are surrounded by nurturing and caring energy
- you have a reduced risk of unnecessary interventions
- your own strength and creative capacity to give birth is enhanced
It is important to note that a doula is not a midwife, nurse. They do not provide medical, nursing, midwifery care. They are there in a purely advisory and supportive capacity.
Paediatric Care/ Shonishin Non-Invasive Acupuncture
During the birth process, the baby is subjected to enormous forces as the uterus pushes to expel the baby against the natural resistance of the birth canal. The baby has to twist and turn as it squeezes through the bony pelvis, absorbing these stresses within its head and body.
This tension can be retained in the body long after birth and if left unresolved, birth strains may lead to your baby being unsettled and fractious, as well as leaving them more vulnerable to musculo-skeletal problems such as headaches and back pain, as they grow. We provide both Non- Invasive Acupuncture and Osteopathy. More information can be found under Acupuncture and Osteopathy.Book online
A Life Coach/Guide assists a client to discover what is important to them, what is missing from their life or their business & what outcomes they are looking for. Life Coaching is a practice with the aim of helping clients determine and achieve personal goals.
Life Coaches use multiple methods that will help clients with the process of setting and reaching goals.
No matter what you want to change in life, the process is the same. A Life Coach identifies what matters most to you, what has been limiting you, and designs a personalized action plan to help you move forward. They make you become accountable for taking action to stay on track.
What they can help you with:
Career, Work, Business
Improve career satisfaction, transition to a fulfilling career, start or grow your business or transform your money mindset
Emotional and Physical Well-being
Eliminate worries, stress and anxiety, lose weight, gain energy and develop healthy habits.
People and Relationships
Increase emotional intimacy, learn effective communication, cultivate support networks
Improve self-esteem and confidence, add more creativity, and adventure to life, realising your true potential.
What is life coaching?
A life coach is a professional who helps clients achieve their personal and professional goals –landing a dream job, growing a business, losing weight or releasing any fears, alleviating addiction. Life coaching provides you with guidance on how to make decisions at various times in life. Allowing you to think differently, approaching life more effectively, being able to face challenges in life with ease and grace.
How do we help our clients?
By providing guidance, support, tools and feedback. Accountability is a key element here as research shows that people are more likely to complete a task when they are held accountable for the results. This will inspire you to take action leading to sustainable change.
What happens during a life coaching session?
We start by talking about your current situation and clarifying your vision. Once your goals and milestones have been defined. Each practitioner works differently, however, therapy tends to treat past emotional issues while coaching considers that clients are healthy, and focuses on where they are now, where they want to be, and how to get there. We review your progress with each session and make necessary adjustments until you reach your desired results.
What we offer:
Life Coaching using Hypnotherapy with Linda Campbell
Imagine if you could change your life, what would you change? Discover the safe and easy techniques that so many are now using to change their lives. Empower yourself. You can make the changes that will ensure a brighter, happier tomorrow.
Hypnosis is a naturally occurring state of mind that we all experience everyday. In fact, all hypnosis is self-hypnosis and the hypnotherapist is only a facilitator who helps you through the process. Your therapist will make every effort to help you feel relaxed, explaining exactly what will happen and what you can expect. You are in control at all times, and can open your eyes at any time if you so choose. During hypnosis, you will be fully aware of your surroundings and know what is happening the entire time.
The overwhelming feeling of having too little time and too much to achieve can cause great stress.Time management is such an empowering tool, especially for students, who are balancing study around family life and often other interests.
Linda can help:
- manage time more efficiently during the week and weekend
- stress less by being more organised
- develop a study timetable to allocate work load with assignments and homework
- manage their health with diet and exercise and emotional support which is important for mental health
It can be incredibly hard to return to study as an adult, so little time and many commitments. It is never too late.
Linda can help overcome obstacles, and inspire you to achieve no matter what age. Benefits and advantages include:
- helping mature adults to get back into educating themselves, it’s never too late and education is important
- education is vital to keep the brain active, it also lowers risks of mental health problems
- education is possible even if working and you have a family.
- time management, how to use time wisely
- your health plays a vital role in learning
- adults can be a role model for their kids.