Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Women’s health physiotherapy covers all areas relating to pregnancy and gynaecology. During pregnancy women can suffer from musculoskeletal issues causing back and pelvic pain or leg pain which mimics sciatica. Problems with bladder, bowel and pelvic floor dysfunction, causing incontinence, pain, pelvic organ prolapse or sexual dysfunction. Specialist management with physiotherapy can improve symptoms which left untreated will likely result in more significant dysfunction.
- Advice and treatment is given for back, neck, rib and pelvic pain (symphysis pubis/SPD or sacroiliac). Nerve problems causing Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (pain, pins and needles or numbness in the hands).
- Physical preparation used in labour ( positions for labour, breathing techniques).
- Pelvic Floor exercises and training, for prevention and treatment of incontinence.
- Postnatal Body Check- Full back, pelvis and posture assessment. Abdominal muscle and separation assessment. Pelvic floor muscle assessment and re-education. Advice on post-natal exercises.
- Treatment for back, neck and pelvic pain and advice with breast-feeding, mastitis, how to carry your baby correctly and ways to improve your posture.
- Pelvic-Floor assessment and care, exercises and education for incontinence, prolapse, pelvic pain or following perineal trauma during delivery.
- Individual exercise programmes for getting back on board with fitness.
Providing treatment for incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse and pelvic pain:
- Pelvic Floor issues with OVERACTIVE or painful pelvic floor muscles.
- Safe rehabilitation following pelvic floor surgery or hysterectomy.
- Bladder training for overactive bladder syndrome.